Please visit Our Sponsors

If you have never posted before on the board your first post will not show until approved by an admin and you will be changed to a Posting Member so you can post without prior approval. This is done to control the spammers that try to spam forums.

Photo

Stalls Out Under A Load

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 winston

winston

• Posting Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 03 2010 - 05:45 PM

I have A 1941 model A... recently it has been stalling out when it is under a load, for instance when the PTO is driving the mower? Any ideas or suggestions? It starts fine, and it always starts right back up after it stalls, I crank start it because I don't have a battery for it... Any help would be most appreciated.

#2 rodney

rodney

• Posting Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 11 2010 - 01:15 AM

I have A 1941 model A... recently it has been stalling out when it is under a load, for instance when the PTO is driving the mower? Any ideas or suggestions? It starts fine, and it always starts right back up after it stalls, I crank start it because I don't have a battery for it... Any help would be most appreciated.

hello winston,I have one about the same year and it does the same thing,It runs a L59 woods,in the begining it would miss a beat once in awhile then it just died and wouldnt start 10 minutes later it starts my problem is that it was starving for gas like a vapor lock.Drained tank new filters cleaned carb,needle was and still is a bit hard to blow open but it runs again I havent tried it under load yet to wet here,northern mn.If I was u I would start there and get every thing cleaned out. I am looking for a carb kit for mine and cant locate the right one if you know any thing about carb kits let me know were to get one for A the numbers on carb are (88778D OE number) Zenith number is (S 847) I can find similar but not for them numbers.The difference is that the needle is different the spring is inside the needle, Yes I am a newibe also

#3 winston

winston

• Posting Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 11 2010 - 07:43 AM

hello winston,I have one about the same year and it does the same thing,It runs a L59 woods,in the begining it would miss a beat once in awhile then it just died and wouldnt start 10 minutes later it starts my problem is that it was starving for gas like a vapor lock.Drained tank new filters cleaned carb,needle was and still is a bit hard to blow open but it runs again I havent tried it under load yet to wet here,northern mn.If I was u I would start there and get every thing cleaned out. I am looking for a carb kit for mine and cant locate the right one if you know any thing about carb kits let me know were to get one for A the numbers on carb are (88778D OE number) Zenith number is (S 847) I can find similar but not for them numbers.The difference is that the needle is different the spring is inside the needle, Yes I am a newibe also

Thanks Rodney... I'll check out fuel system this weekend! makes perfect sense since it starts back up without much problem...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users