Please visit Our Sponsors

If you have never posted before on the board your first post will not show until approved by an admin and you will be changed to a Posting Member so you can post without prior approval. This is done to control the spammers that try to spam forums.

Photo

Come On Guys

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oak hill farmall family

oak hill farmall family

Advanced Member

• Posting Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted May 17 2011 - 02:07 PM

I know there are quite a few of these tractors out there,I grew up on a 544 rc d and we used the heck out of it and loved that tractor.
lets hear some stories about your experiences "good or bad"

#2 53 C/O

53 C/O

• Posting Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 29 2013 - 09:48 PM

I know there are quite a few of these tractors out there,I grew up on a 544 rc d and we used the heck out of it and loved that tractor.
lets hear some stories about your experiences "good or bad"

We have had a 544 R/C diesel on the farm since 1969. It came with the F / R shuttle on the left side rather than a T/A which made it quite handy when cultivating in the small Georgia fields where you had to back up at each time you got to the end of the field. Only issue has been the clutch which seemed to be a weak link. Anytime you were pulling a peanut combine with it you could expect to replace the clutch shortly afterward. Other than that it has been trouble free. In fact the valve cover nor oil pan has ever been off of the engine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users