Please visit Our Sponsors

If you have never posted before on the board your first post will not show until approved by an admin and you will be changed to a Posting Member so you can post without prior approval. This is done to control the spammers that try to spam forums.

Photo

Farmall M - Disc Brakes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 S_Elem

S_Elem

• Posting Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 02 2011 - 01:04 AM

Hope someone can help...
I have a '43 M that was fitted with the Lambert disc brake conversion at some point in the past - yep, 2.5" 26 spline shaft, 6" discs, 3 bolt housings....

My issues are:
1) Big red has been parked in the corn crib since last fall and hasnt moved because I cant make her stop.
2) I have grass that needs mowed, dirt and manure that needs moved, and I really like to ride my machine around.
3) I need new discs or the materials to re-line them, everyone tells me that they cant be found and that I should just convert her back to band brakes - but I cant make myself do it, she's a piece of history. I bought a set of Super M discs and tried to machine them to work, but messed up on the 3rd one and am too frustrated to try anymore.

I have posts out on every Farmall Forum I can find hoping that someone can point me in a direction that will allow me to keep the pats that she's had for who knows how long.

Any help would be really great.

Steve Elem
Atlantic, IA

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users