Please visit Our Sponsors

If you have never posted before on the board your first post will not show until approved by an admin and you will be changed to a Posting Member so you can post without prior approval. This is done to control the spammers that try to spam forums.

Photo

Need Help, And Will Sound Like An Idiot.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vern

Vern

• Posting Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 10:25 PM

I am new to antique tractors, Until now everything I ran was newish. I recently (two days ago) acquired a 1950 Farmall H. My wife found it, we had been looking for a smaller tractor to use in our seed business. I was skeptical about the price, haul it off and it's yours, but decided to give it a try. When we arrived to pick it up I was surprised. The tractor looked pretty good, most of it's paint in tact, and inflated (though dry rotted) tires. I loaded on the roll-back, and took it home. To my amazement, after charging the battery it actually started. Now, talk to me. This tractor does not have a 3 point hitch, so I will need implement help. As for controls, I guessed at the throttle and choke, and managed to find the starter button, as well as the ignition by tracing wires and rods. I have several rods left that I have no clue as to function. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how.

#2 oak hill farmall family

oak hill farmall family

Advanced Member

• Posting Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted June 06 2013 - 06:37 AM

the biggest rod on your right that pulls in and out is the hydraulics ,the smaller one on the left lower is your choke, be careful they are easy to flood.
I can't think of what else there might be, post some pics and I will try to help, there may be some aftermarket item on your H so pics will be a great help
welcome to the forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users