Please visit Our Sponsors

If you have never posted before on the board your first post will not show until approved by an admin and you will be changed to a Posting Member so you can post without prior approval. This is done to control the spammers that try to spam forums.

Farmall Cub's

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cubcrazybill_*

Guest_cubcrazybill_*
  • Guests

Posted September 05 2004 - 07:51 AM

What is the oldest farmall cub ever made. dry.gif

#2 scanner

scanner

• Advanced Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 11 2004 - 08:40 PM

Although I could be wrong, I think 1947 was the first year of the Farmall Cub.

#3 Guest_cubcrazybill_*

Guest_cubcrazybill_*
  • Guests

Posted September 11 2004 - 08:46 PM

Hi Scanner I think it was 1939 when the 1st Farmall cub came out

#4 Rudi

Rudi

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted November 13 2004 - 07:10 PM

Nope:

The first production Cub was Serial Number 501 and was introduced to the market in 1947.

In 1946 they had a couple of pre-production cubs, but they were not sold on the open market from what I understand.

As for the tractor introduced in 1939 - might have been the A which would have been the first Culti-vision I think. Will look it up.

#5 Bigdog

Bigdog

• Posting Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted November 25 2004 - 12:03 PM

The Farmall letter series tractors were introduced in 1939. The cub was not introduced until 1947.

#6 Guest_gwill_*

Guest_gwill_*
  • Guests

Posted November 25 2004 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Bigdog @ Nov 25 2004, 02:05 PM)
The Farmall letter series tractors were introduced in 1939.  The cub was not introduced until 1947.

This is right... the first PRODUCTION Cub (#501) was sold in 1947. However, there were experimentals and pre-prodiction Cubs as early as 1945. You are not likely to see any except for pictures. Some of the 1945 pictures are in the Letourneau book 'Farmall Cub Photo Archive'.

#7 Guest_notminiacres_*

Guest_notminiacres_*
  • Guests

Posted December 10 2004 - 11:49 PM

Just joined this forum and am loving it already!
Yep the first Cub out on the market was 1947. I had a 1948, now have a 1951. This one I'll never sell, unless I have one next to it to replace it right away. I want to use mine for my small five acres and keep it new looking too! I'm buying all the attachments that I can afford at this time. Retired and having a blast with my Cub.
Y'all take care, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year, God Bless all.

#8 Rudi

Rudi

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted January 06 2005 - 03:04 PM

Ifn you are lovin this forum, wait till you try farmallcub.com. 1200 plus cub-aholics on that one.

What I like about this forum is that I have met a number of cubbers who have yet to discover the other 2 main forums. Other thing is a number of members from the other forums have also discovered this one. One forum isn't enough....it seems.

This forum has a lot of potential as well. It will be interesting to see how and where it goes......

#9 Ron L

Ron L

• Posting Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted January 06 2005 - 11:26 PM

Rudi. I think that it's we can't get enough and don't want to miss something interesting. I hate to miss posts in fear of missing a learning opportunity cool.gif

#10 Rudi

Rudi

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted January 09 2005 - 03:06 PM

Ron:

Me too. You never know what can pop up on any of the forums. There are some who frequent only 1 or 2 forums, like Lombard who is only on ATIS. Others seem to be only here or over at www.tractorforum.com and some at YTMag.

All depends on which forum you like I guess. Me - I like em all cause it is all about Cubs. Buttttt - you KNOW which is my favourite! FC.com biggrin.gif

#11 Bigdog

Bigdog

• Posting Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted January 09 2005 - 03:45 PM

Rudi, you might be interested in knowing that Lombard reads several forums even though he posts only on ATIS. He is comfortable with the older format on ATIS and the recent change to the newer format on several forums was more than he wanted to deal with so he now posts only there.

#12 Rudi

Rudi

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted January 10 2005 - 12:34 PM

BD:

That is what I thought. There are a few who feel that way. Hopefully, they might get comfortable enough in time to come join us.

Still, it is nice to be able to have more than one forum for Cubbers. That way they can find one at least. Doing some searches with different engines brings up different results and a lot of times farmallcub, or ATIS or YTMag does not appear in the top 10 listing for some reason, even when the same search string is used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users