Please visit Our Sponsors

If you have never posted before on the board your first post will not show until approved by an admin and you will be changed to a Posting Member so you can post without prior approval. This is done to control the spammers that try to spam forums.

Photo

Model Super A

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kidred

kidred

• Posting Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 08 2004 - 11:08 PM

I heard that some of the Super A's were equiped with industrial engines for use by various highway departments. I was told by someone else that those with the industrial engine originally had a yellow paint job. However, I have seen a picture of one that supposedly has the original paint job but it is the standard red.

Did any of the Super A's come with an original red paint? How do you tell if the engine is really the industrial version?

#2 Paul

Paul

• Posting Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 05:03 AM

Kindred, The industrial A and the Farmall A had the same engine. The differences were that the Industrial A had a square tube front axle with a reinforcment brace which extended to the rear engine mounting flange on the Mag side of the tractor. The Farmall A had a round tube front axle, which in most cases was adjustable. The industrial A also had a foot throttle not found on the Farmall version. Of course the decals were different as the Industrial read International on both the side hood decals, and the front hood emblem. As to paint, standard paint from the factory whether Industrial or Farmall, was red, however you could order just about any color you wanted and the factory would paint it that way. Many fleets ordered different colors other than red. Some were orange, some yellow, some red, some gray, O.D.green. Many municipalities, county and state road depts either ordered them painted orange or yellow, and some painted them after delivery. If a tractor came from the factory a different color than red, it was because it was special ordered that way.

#3 rustin

rustin

• Posting Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 15 2009 - 11:29 PM

I have a Industrial A. It appears to have come from the factory yellow. It has the cast iron square front end with the heavy brace going back to the motor mount. My question is the emblem on the grill. Mine says INTERNATIONAL. It is not the little square one that says IH. It looks like the ones on the Farmalls that say Farmall, but it says INTERNATIONAL. I have been looking for a reproduction one, but they all say farmall. I believe mine is an early on, due to it not having hydraulics, but not for sure. I can post the serial number later if it helps. It does have the foot throttle. Does anybody know if this is origional. Is it call a Super A or just an A. I think it is a Super A due to it saying international. Thanks

#4 ddttm

ddttm

• Posting Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 28 2010 - 06:51 PM

My Dad just bought a Super A Industrial at auction that was semi restored for $2000. Fairly sure that was a good deal and it does have hydraulics. Mechanically it is sound except for a clunk out of the right rear end. It has the foot throttle which sounds like it is a standard item on the Industrial version, it has the "diamond" front end and it is now red. It still has its mag and when it was restored the decals were removed so can't tell if it said farmall or International, I am not sure of the grill badging either. Anyone aware of a site or place to check on the serial number to see the original info about the tractor? Do any of you have any pictures or idea of what it is worth.

#5 oak hill farmall family

oak hill farmall family

Advanced Member

• Posting Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted March 30 2011 - 07:10 AM

if you give me the ser no. I can find out the correct decals and name plates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users